Jul 19, 2011

Bob Evans & Jason Street

As I mentioned in the previous post, my parents came to SB to help us move our stuff. They were able to stay an extra day to see the town, and we had a great time!

First we had breakfast at Bob Evans, and I'm sad to say that I don't have any pictures of it. But, interesting information for all of you... my dad once was on a business trip with a co-worker who managed to have the two of them eat at Bob Evans three, yes 3, different times in three days. It was a good breakfast story. And my dad admittedly said he still likes the food, haha.

We drove around town for awhile and got out of the car every now and then to see a park or the river and whathaveyou. We walked around the College Football Hall of Fame (yes, that's in South Bend, but only for about another year since it will be relocating to Atlanta). This is where we found the Jason Street sign.

Pride enjoyed the river, but only after Matt & my dad forced him off the dock to get down to it. Notice the ultimate struggle between Matt & dog. It was quite humerous.


In the evening we had delicious burgers & fries at Five Guys. If you haven't tried it, please do! SO good!! My mom & I split a cheeseburger that was quite possibly the best burger I've ever had. And the cajun fries! Oh, the cajun fries. Yumm!
After dinner, we found ourselves at a "classic" Irish pub in downtown SB called Fiddlers Hearth. It's filled with huge tables and unmatched chairs (or couches like where Matt & I sat), at which you are probably going to be sitting next to strangers. We had drinks & bread pudding while playing board games. There was a group of people sitting around the fireplace playing Irish music the whole time. It was great, because the later the night went, the louder the music became. I assume this was a direct relation of the amount of alcohol which was being consumed by the musicians :) It was a great night!


No comments:

Post a Comment