Sep 1, 2011

Farmers Market Fun

I went to the South Bend Farmers Market today with some friends! You can check it out here. It was awesome!! Best FM I've ever been to! I bought all kinds of goodies & wanted to share....


Naturally, I got some yummy fruit & veggies... I can't wait to try the onions! The guy selling them had some samples & they were OH SO GOOD!

I also split a basil plant with a friend- I don't know the first thing about growing things, but she split it for us and then told me to take it home a plant it. And because I'm not a grower of things, I had to stop and buy a pot. I found this one at the dollar store- score!! I planted it, then sent her the above picture to which she quickly replied.... Looks great! Buuut, I was supposed to separate the plants more before planting, so then I dumped it all out and replanted. It looks like this now:
Pretty, huh? The lovely fragrance reminds me of The Wedge Pizzeria in OKC, and their delicious pizza with fresh basil. Mmmm!

So the mosquitoes are nasty in SB. I had been wanting to purchase some oil and make a spray to ward them off, but hadn't lucked into any yet. Until I went to the farmers market! A sweet lady, who I talked to for awhile while my friends so graciously waited, sold me some lemon eucalyptus oil. I was so excited!!! Just what I'd been looking for but didn't want to pay the outrageous price at the health food store. I found the recipe I had looked up awhile back and went to work- it smells awesome in our apartment right now!! The spray is made of oils and witch hazel and water, and I can't wait to try it out. Of course, it needs to be shaken before spraying, but you get the idea. Now if only I had outdoor plans this evening.....

No comments:

Post a Comment